“Might I,” quavered Mary, “might I have a bit of earth?”...“Earth!” he repeated. “What do you mean?”“To plant seeds in–to make things grow–to see them come alive,” Mary faltered. He gazed at her a moment and then passed his hand quickly over his eyes...“A bit of earth,” he said to himself, and Mary thought that somehow she must have reminded him of something. When he stopped and spoke to her his dark eyes looked almost soft and kind. “You can have as much earth as you want,” he said. “You remind me of some one else who loved the earth and things that grow. When you see a bit of earth you want," with something like a smile, “take it, child, and make it come alive.” “May I take it from anywhere–if it’s not wanted?”

Friday, July 6, 2012

My 10-year-old's tat...

We had our last therapy visit last week. The therapist was actually B's psychiatrist as well. He so graciously offered to do therapy with B because he was as frustrated as we were at finding a good therapist for B. We went to therapy with B sporting a stick drawing of me in marker on his belly. Yup, my kid will be with one who has "mom" tattooed on his body...at least I hope he graduates from a stick drawing by the time he decides to make it permanent.

Good thing came from the visit...the psychiatrist decided that all the wonky behavior we have been seeing is actually mania due to the anxiety meds B has been on. We changed up the meds...added Risperdal and decreased the Celexa (to eventually wean off of it completely) and gave me the option of eliminating the Concerta (which I did). He is doing SO much better! We are actually now experiencing almost normal 10-year-old days. Such a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment