“Might I,” quavered Mary, “might I have a bit of earth?”...“Earth!” he repeated. “What do you mean?”“To plant seeds in–to make things grow–to see them come alive,” Mary faltered. He gazed at her a moment and then passed his hand quickly over his eyes...“A bit of earth,” he said to himself, and Mary thought that somehow she must have reminded him of something. When he stopped and spoke to her his dark eyes looked almost soft and kind. “You can have as much earth as you want,” he said. “You remind me of some one else who loved the earth and things that grow. When you see a bit of earth you want," with something like a smile, “take it, child, and make it come alive.” “May I take it from anywhere–if it’s not wanted?”

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Angry Birds Stickers and Bedtime

Oh to have a place big enough for a playroom. B does not handle having toys in his room very well. When he goes to bed he often plays until he crashes...despite melatonin.

The other night I could hear him in his room talking and playing. So I whipped open the door and sternly said, "In bed!" He sheepishly turned from his desk where he was standing and said, "I'm not supposed to put these here, huh?" That's when I noticed the angry birds stickers on his nipples.

It's right up there with the time he came home from school with my name written across his belly. I will never know how he managed to get a pen and do it at school with no one catching him.

No comments:

Post a Comment