“Might I,” quavered Mary, “might I have a bit of earth?”...“Earth!” he repeated. “What do you mean?”“To plant seeds in–to make things grow–to see them come alive,” Mary faltered. He gazed at her a moment and then passed his hand quickly over his eyes...“A bit of earth,” he said to himself, and Mary thought that somehow she must have reminded him of something. When he stopped and spoke to her his dark eyes looked almost soft and kind. “You can have as much earth as you want,” he said. “You remind me of some one else who loved the earth and things that grow. When you see a bit of earth you want," with something like a smile, “take it, child, and make it come alive.” “May I take it from anywhere–if it’s not wanted?”

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Yeah, that was my kid being dragged out of the car trunk at the library

No he was not dead. Although he was about to be dead meat. All over library books.

B and I went to the pool tonight. He found a toy torpedo. He said, "It's no one's. I found it, so it mine now." I reminded him, "Finders are not really keepers. It belongs to somebody else even if they aren't looking for it yet." On the way back from the pool I remembered that we had a bag of overdue library books in the car. So we swung by the library.

See, B and I discussed it, "Today we are returning all the books without renewing any." Well, he was having none of it. I sent him into the library because he at least was wearing a shirt with his swimming trunks. He took the books in and tried to sneak back into the car with two of the books that he decided to renew on his own. I sent him back to put them in the drop box. That's when he began to fly mad.

I learned the hard way to not let him in the car when he gets like that. I will blame it one the MickeyD's bag full of trash that he smacked the side of my face with repeatedly while I was trying to drive one night. So I told him to go sit on a nearby bench until he had himself together then he could get in the car and we could go home.

No, he climbed in the trunk of the car (the latch is broken). So I had to climb out of the car and drag him out of said trunk. Remember, I am still in only my black bathing suit. I have very pale skin and I have never claimed to be a small woman. Let me make it more clear:

The scene looked like a shrieking hairless orangutan wearing yellow shorts being dragged out a the trunk of a Nissan Sentra by pissed off Shamu in front of the public library. Yeah. Not cute. I really hope it doesn't end up on YouTube.

Not our best moment.

For the record, the meltdown lasted for 2 hours. I hate RAD. I really, really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment